firm founded to provide Democratic campaigns around
the country with access to effective, sophisticated media
We’re always on the lookout for great talent. If you think you’d be a good fit for the
SpeakEasy team and don’t see a role that matches your skills below, please send your
resume to [email protected]. We’d love to hear from you!
We’d love to hear from you!
There are currently no open positions, please check back for future opportunities.
SpeakEasy is a strategic communications firm that empowers campaigns, brands, and causes with audience-moving media strategies.
As the Director of Paid Media Strategy, you’ll develop digital and traditional advertising strategies across multiple channels for clients ranging from leading political and advocacy groups to major brands and corporate initiatives.
This role is ideal for someone who is equally strategic, creative, and fiercely analytical. On any given day, you will be responsible for translating a client’s campaign objectives into a tactical media plan, creating an engaging presentation for key stakeholders, and managing a high-performance team of media buyers and planners. The ability to maximize budgets and leverage innovative optimization strategies will be key contributions you will be expected to offer our team and our clients. This role will aim to further develop your depth of paid media experience, support your curiosity for innovation, and encourage your personal and professional growth.
SpeakEasy is located in San Francisco, CA but remote work is an option for this position.
- Contribute to the strategy and execution of large-scale, multi-channel digital advertising campaigns, including tracking progress toward goals & KPI’s, monitoring budgets, and adjusting plans based on results and key metrics.
- Oversee the operations of our paid media department and collaborate closely with our team of media specialists to ensure campaigns exceed client goals. The ideal candidate for this position will have strong management and team development skills.
- Serve as the main point of contact for several clients, including large, complex, multi-department engagements.
- Provide responsive, timely, and strategic counsel to a variety of diverse clients, advising them on how to accomplish their goals in a given amount of time.
- Participate in business development functions as needed, such as joining pitch meetings, contributing to proposals, and building media plans that outline platforms, targeting, creative, and estimates of results.
- Analyze results and harness data to make informed decisions and offer strategic recommendations; develop client-facing reporting that seamlessly translates numbers into meaningful and understandable stories.
- Develop cohesive plans for clients by thinking “big-picture,” and leverage media diversification strategies based on budget, audience & objective.
- Keep up to date on the latest developments within the industry at large, ensuring that our practices evolve ahead of key competitors.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 7+ years in cross-channel media management (previous experience with political and advocacy digital campaign management preferred).
- Demonstrated success in managing remote teams — including facilitating training, professional development, and team growth.
- Well-versed in ad strategy and various paid digital advertising platforms, including various programmatic partners, Meta, Spotify, Google Search, Hulu, YouTube, and other DSPs (we will count on your ability to recommend strategic platforms to accomplish client goals).
- Experience with GA4, Looker Studio (previously Google Data Studio), Tableau, or similar industry-standard tracking and data visualization tools.
- Ability to effectively communicate the value of digital advertising to clients and prospective clients, and to make recommendations that align with their overall goals, objectives, and budget/time constraints.
- Considerate and thorough interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to see projects through to completion.
- Hyper-diligent attention to detail.
- A positive attitude and ability to take initiative and creatively solve problems in the digital media space.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to shift gears quickly, delegate effectively, balance competing deadlines, and work efficiently in a fast-paced atmosphere.
- A strong understanding of advertising performance data and metrics to help inform strategy and insights.
- An ability to confidently negotiate competitive pricing for our clients across multiple data and media inventory platforms.
COMPENSATION + PERKS:
- Competitive compensation: We offer a salary ranging from $7,500 – $8,500 monthly, dependent on experience — plus cycle-based bonuses. A competitive health & wellness stipend is also included. This position would be scoped from August 2023 – November 2024, with the opportunity to extend based on performance and needs of the company.
CONTACT: Please reach out to [email protected] with any questions, or to apply directly.
Note: SpeakEasy Political is an equal opportunity employer and recruits, hires, and promotes employees and prospective employees on the basis of individual merit and without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law.