Head of Paid Media Strategy & Analytics
SpeakEasy Political is a political tech startup that empowers Democratic candidates, consultants, and causes to create, target, and launch audience-moving media strategies.
As the Head of Paid Media & Analytics, you’ll develop and implement digital and traditional advertising strategies across multiple channels for clients ranging from leading political and advocacy groups, to major brands and corporate initiatives.
This role is ideal for someone who is equally strategic, creative, and fiercely analytical. On any given day, you could be responsible for translating a client’s campaign objectives into a tactical media plan, supporting our engineering team in developing a new platform feature, writing an in-depth analysis of a campaign’s performance, or creating an engaging presentation for a set of funders. The ability to maximize budgets and leverage innovative optimization strategies will be key contributions you will be expected to offer our team, and our clients. This role will aim to further develop your depth of paid media experience, support your curiosity for innovation, and encourage your personal and professional growth.
SpeakEasy is located in San Francisco, CA but remote work is an option for this position.
Please include a cover letter with your resume and submit your application to [email protected] .
SpeakEasy is located in San Francisco, CA but remote work is an option for this position
- Contribute to the strategy and execution of large-scale, multi-channel digital advertising
campaigns, including tracking progress toward goals, monitoring budgets, and adjusting
plans based on results and key metrics
- Serve as the main point of contact for several clients, including large, complex, multi-
- Provide responsive, timely, and strategic counsel to a variety of diverse clients, advising
them on how to accomplish their goals in a given amount of time
- Participate in business development functions as needed, such as joining pitch meetings,
contributing to proposals, and building media plans that outline platforms, targeting,
creative, and estimates of results
- Analyze results and harness data to make informed decisions and offer strategic
recommendations; develop client-facing reporting that seamlessly translates numbers
into meaningful and understandable stories
- Develop cohesive plans for clients by thinking “big-picture”, leverage media diversification
strategies based on budget, audience & objective
- Keep up to date on the latest developments within the industry at large, ensuring that our
practices evolve ahead of key competitors
- Assist our engineering team in the management of tech-integrations into our proprietary tech-enabled media platforms
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3-7+ years in cross channel media planning (previous experience with political and advocacy digital campaign management preferred)
- Well-versed in ad strategy and various paid digital advertising platforms, including various programmatic partners, Facebook/Instagram, Spotify, Google Search, Hulu, YouTube, and more (we will count on your ability to recommend strategic platforms – and targeting – to accomplish client goals)
- Ability to effectively communicate the value of digital advertising to clients and prospective clients, and to make recommendations that align with their overall goals, objectives, and budget/time constraints
- Ability to effectively manage dozens of in-market projects on time, within budget, and meet performance goals
- Interest in & ability to support our engineering team in building data and platform integrations to scale our media services to serve clients up & down the ballot
- Considerate and thorough interpersonal communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams to see projects through to completion
- Hyper-diligent attention to detail
- A positive attitude and ability to take initiative and creatively solve problems
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to shift gears quickly, balance competing deadlines, and work efficiently in a fast-paced atmosphere
- A strong understanding of advertising performance data and metrics to help inform strategy and insights
- An ability to confidently negotiate competitive pricing for our clients across multiple data and media inventory platforms
- Enthusiasm for all aspects of digital media buying – we’re looking for a teammate who is equally at home creating multi-channel media plans as they are with jumping in to help our ad ops specialists set up a buy in Facebook or on a programmatic platform ahead of a big launch
- CSS familiarity is a plus
- Fluent in, or willing to learn, Google Data Studio, Google Analytics, DCM, Hubspot, Roku, DSP, The Trade Desk, and various social platforms’ ad management tools
Compensation: Based on experience.
Benefits: Competitive compensation: We offer a competitive salary based on experience – plus incentive-based bonuses tied to business development outcomes; as well as a full benefits package including health, dental, vision insurance and a 3% 401k employer contribution.