As COVID-19 has dramatically impacted all aspects of daily life, there remains a widening gap and need for community support around the world. This interconnectedness presents a dilemma, as the world is more in need of volunteers and extra hands than ever before. While vaccines are rolled out and many
How to elicit emotions from voters without saying a word
How people feel about a candidate or political issue informs how they vote – and people react to how you communicate, not just what you communicate. Campaign colors can elicit emotional responses and create lasting impressions about the subject of the advertisement. So it’s important to be strategic in using color. When creating your digital ad, don’t just think about what your ad should say, think about how you want the viewer to feel.
Here are some helpful tips according to Adweek to help you choose your digital advertisement’s color scheme:
- Red is associated with intensity, passion, trust, intensity and aggressiveness.
- Blue is associated with depth, stability, comfort, faith, understanding, clarity, confidence, calmness and trust.
- Yellow is associated with energy, joy, energy and freshness.
- Green is associated with harmony, calmness, trust, peace and hope.
- Purple is associated with luxury, glamor, power, nostalgia, romance and introspection.
- Orange is associated with happiness, enthusiasm, creativity and determination.
- Black is associated with formality, seriousness and luxury.
- Pink is associated with feminine traits, love, sweetness and warmth.
- Brown is associated with nurturing, reliability, support and dependability.
A study done by the Radiological Society of North America found that our brains prefer brands we recognize, so it’s important to create a consistent brand identity. Make sure to keep your color scheme consistent across all your marketing.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Share this post
The world of digital advertising throws around a lot of jargon. There is a constant flow of acronyms, technical terms, and insider language that can be overwhelming to anyone outside this landscape looking to either get involved in or manage digital strategy for a campaign. So, in this series, we’ll
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up to date with the political campaigning industry, and for special offers on SpeakEasy products.