Our team is proud to welcome two phenomenal new interns who have joined Team SpeakEasy this summer — remotely, from across the country. It’s our absolute pleasure to introduce you Nate Culbert and Atmanah Parab! Name: Nate Culbert School: University of Chicago Graduation Year: 2022 Major: Public Policy Studies /
How to elicit emotions from voters without saying a word
How people feel about a candidate or political issue informs how they vote – and people react to how you communicate, not just what you communicate. Campaign colors can elicit emotional responses and create lasting impressions about the subject of the advertisement. So it’s important to be strategic in using color. When creating your digital ad, don’t just think about what your ad should say, think about how you want the viewer to feel.
Here are some helpful tips according to Adweek to help you choose your digital advertisement’s color scheme:
- Red is associated with intensity, passion, trust, intensity and aggressiveness.
- Blue is associated with depth, stability, comfort, faith, understanding, clarity, confidence, calmness and trust.
- Yellow is associated with energy, joy, energy and freshness.
- Green is associated with harmony, calmness, trust, peace and hope.
- Purple is associated with luxury, glamor, power, nostalgia, romance and introspection.
- Orange is associated with happiness, enthusiasm, creativity and determination.
- Black is associated with formality, seriousness and luxury.
- Pink is associated with feminine traits, love, sweetness and warmth.
- Brown is associated with nurturing, reliability, support and dependability.
A study done by the Radiological Society of North America found that our brains prefer brands we recognize, so it’s important to create a consistent brand identity. Make sure to keep your color scheme consistent across all your marketing.
As always, if you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Share this post
Congratulations! Whether you’ve decided to run for office or are considering campaigning to be a public servant, you are making a powerful choice to make a difference in your community. SpeakEasy Political has your back and is standing by to help you run a successful political campaign – and win!
Here at SpeakEasy, we’re about more than just your mail and digital programs. We want to be your single stop for everything you need to know to run your campaign – whether you are a first time candidate or a seasoned campaign vet looking to brush up on the latest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Stay up to date with the political campaigning industry, and for special offers on SpeakEasy products.